Why Scent from Nature; 100% Pure Beeswax Candles?
Long lasting golden glow and mild honey scent, calm your senses.
Non Toxic. Non Allergenic. Drip less (unless left in a draft). Virtually soot free. Pure beeswax candles are natural air purifiers, emitting negative ions as they burn to actually clean the air! Scent from Nature only uses the thin honeycomb cappings for our Scent from Nature; 100% Pure Beeswax Candles and no wax from other areas of the hive.
Honey bees make beeswax from flower nectar. 100% Natural. Renewable. Sustainable. Scent from Nature; 100% Pure Beeswax Candles are responsibly packaged with earth-friendly material. Our packaging is FSC Certified (100% Post Consumer Recycled Material) and the dyes are vegetable based. Scent from Nature also handcrafts their pure beeswax candles using power from the SUN!
Did you know that to produce 1 pound of beeswax, the worker bees (girl power!) eat about 10 pounds of honey, fly 150,000 miles, and visit 33 MILLION flower blossoms?! Beeswax is precious!
And there’s more!
Pure Beeswax is healthy to burn
Burning beeswax produces negative ions that don’t cover up odors but actually clean your air of odors, pollens, smoke, dust, dust mites, and other allergens and hazards. This is the ONLY wax with this magical quality. They are a true natural air purifier. They are the only candle for anyone with chemical sensitivities and/or allergies.
And what are these negative ions? Negative ions are odorless, tasteless, and invisible molecules that we inhale in abundance in certain environments. Think mountains, waterfalls, and beaches. Once they reach our bloodstream, negative ions are believed to produce biochemical reactions that increase levels of the mood chemical serotonin, helping to alleviate depression, relieve stress, and boost our daytime energy.
There is VALUE in burning a beeswax candle
Pure beeswax candles burn longer, brighter, hotter and cleaner than chemical (paraffin) and vegetable wax candles. They may appear more expensive on the shelf, however, when measured by the “per hour” burn time and the quality and completeness of the burn, pure beeswax candles are, hands down, the very best value around.
BEWARE – Legally, a candle can be labeled “beeswax” if it contains as little as 10% beeswax! Make sure to look for a candle labeled with 100% and/or pure beeswax or it almost certainly is not. Scent from Nature; 100% Pure Beeswax Candles are just that; plain and simple, 100% Pure.
What about WICKS?
The wick of a candle is just as important as the wax used. Scent from Nature; 100% Pure Beeswax Candles are made with untreated, 100% Cotton wicks. Metal core wicks used in some candles are a health hazard, although zinc and tin core are now more prevalent than lead.
Did you know……
- Beeswax has been highly valued in history, at least as far back as the second century BC, when the Romans defeated the Corsicans and imposed a tax of 100,000 pounds of beeswax!
Most commercial candles are made of poisonous chemicals:
- Paraffin is a petroleum by-product that is bleached and texturized with chemicals
- Stearic acid, a by-product of the meatpacking slaughterhouses, is added to paraffin as a hardener.
- Often, candles are highly scented with artificial, synthetic oils and marketed to “freshen” our precious air.
- Adding even natural essential oils to pure beeswax changes the way beeswax burns.
- According to the American EPA, paraffin candles are known to release carcinogens like benzene and toluene. When burned, they emit toxins and black soot as harmful to our health as second-hand tobacco smoke that coats our walls, our art and our lungs.
- The American Lung Association says “Refrain from burning scented or slow-burning candles that have additives.”
- Vegetable-based candles, although a great improvement over chemical candles, have poor aesthetics as they burn at a very low temperature and give off a dull light. They are quite clean burning; however they do not possess the same magical qualities as pure beeswax.